Gemini Blueprint makes it easy to write Spring applications that can be deployed in an OSGi execution environment, and that can take advantage of the services offered by the OSGi framework. For enterprise applications, the combinaton of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint and the OSGi platform provides,
- Better separation of application logic into modules, with runtime enforcement of module boundaries
- The ability to deploy multiple versions of a module(or library) concurrently
- The ability to dynamically discover and use services provided by other modules in the system
- The ability to dynamically install, update and uninstall modules in a running system
- Use of the Spring Framework to instantiate , configurae,assemble, and decorate components within and across modules.
- A simple and familiar programming model for enterprise developers to exploit the features of the OSGi platform.